- The Central Group, an industry leader in the areas of packaging, display and technology solutions for the retail industry, needed to fit more cargo per trailer from Ontario to Illinois, US.
- The Central Group had long used standard 4-way pallets, size 48 x 40. The operation was not cost-effective and the organization was considering alternatives to optimize logistics to lower their operation cost.
After reviewing the organization’s current resources, facility and operation specifications, our representative suggested to used block pallets, size 48” x 40” which would make it easier for sideways handling.
- This solution allowed for a greater volume of wood pallets loaded on trailer per trip which would save on transportation.
- The Central Group was able to save one trip every 3 actual trips from Ontario to Illinois, US.
- Every single saved load represented over $5,000 in transportation cost savings.