Case Study 2: Ingot Metal Company. The Right Custom Pallet to Handle the Right Weight.
- Ingot Metal Company Limited, a manufacturer of brass and bronze ingots, faced challenges with the cargo weight they handled per pallet. Each ingot weights about 100 Lb and the total weight to be handled per pallet is around 3000 Lb.
- Given the large volume of their cargo, the company had been using new wood pallets to meet their weight specifications which, in turn, presented a costly scenario.
- With around 1000 new wood pallets handled per month, Ingot Metal was looking for a heavier duty pallet with better performance to be able to handle their cargo specifications.
- Ingot Metal was also challenged with ongoing customer complaints due to the fact pallets were not easy to handle because of their weight. They also arrived damaged on their customer’s end.
In order to reduce the cost of pallets and curb the number of complaints, our Happy Pallet representative recommended the following two-fold custom pallet solution:
- T o use recycled wood for a cost-effective alternative in 2 different sizes: 24” x 42” and 48” x 36”.
- To use thicker lumber for a stronger and better-performing wood pallet.
These solutions would be key to reduced the amount of damaged pallet and additional operation cost to be incurred.
- Ingot Metal did not receive any more complaints regarding broken pallets.
- The new pallets designed and manufactured by Happy Pallets made their handling easier and faster.
- Ingot Metal was able to fulfill a steady flow of orders in a more efficient way in a fraction of the time they did before implementing this effective custom pallet solution through Happy Pallets.